Reviews of ELM EA MT5

mutule

A well-thought-out algorithm behaves quite stably in the market. Doesn't trade in a flat. The only thing that is not yet clear is what settings are optimal? Default?

cheatham

A well-thought-out algorithm behaves quite stably in the market. Doesn't trade in a flat. The only thing that is not yet clear is what settings are optimal? Default?
In any algorithm, the most optimal default settings. Of course, you can experiment, but this requires a lot of time and money. Well, and most importantly, you need to understand the algorithm itself. Do you currently have a bot trading on what settings? What are his results?

mutule

In any algorithm, the most optimal default settings. Of course, you can experiment, but this requires a lot of time and money. Well, and most importantly, you need to understand the algorithm itself. Do you currently have a bot trading on what settings? What are his results?
I mostly use the default settings for the bot. I noticed that sometimes there are days with a minimum number of transactions. I think it's somehow related. What is your opinion on this matter?

cheatham

I mostly use the default settings for the bot. I noticed that sometimes there are days with a minimum number of transactions. I think it's somehow related. What is your opinion on this matter?
I do not think so. Most likely a ELM EA has nothing to do with it. The number of transactions depends on the state of the market. In a sluggish market and in a flat, he will not open deals. We need a volatile market. You never shared your results with this bot. How satisfied are you?

mutule

I do not think so. Most likely a ELM EA has nothing to do with it. The number of transactions depends on the state of the market. In a sluggish market and in a flat, he will not open deals. We need a volatile market. You never shared your results with this bot. How satisfied are you?
The results with ELM EA are not bad. Somewhere around 35-40% per month profit. Of course, when compared with other bots, this is a clear progress. And I don’t even want to remember about manual trading, nothing worked out there at all. Have you already made a fortune with ELM EA?

cheatham

The results with ELM EA are not bad. Somewhere around 35-40% per month profit. Of course, when compared with other bots, this is a clear progress. And I don’t even want to remember about manual trading, nothing worked out there at all. Have you already made a fortune with ELM EA?
I also have satisfactory results. Of course, you always want more, but for this you need to increase the deposit. And I don't like taking big risks. Yes, there is no need to take risks with ELM EA. I started with $500 and have already made over $4,000 in a few months. I've had enough. What about the VPS? Do you use it at all?

mutule

I also have satisfactory results. Of course, you always want more, but for this you need to increase the deposit. And I don't like taking big risks. Yes, there is no need to take risks with ELM EA. I started with $500 and have already made over $4,000 in a few months. I've had enough. What about the VPS? Do you use it at all?
I don't use it. Decided to save money on it. And what is it for at all? It seems to me that the VPS server is a waste of money. Do you have it? How does he help you?

cheatham

I don't use it. Decided to save money on it. And what is it for at all? It seems to me that the VPS server is a waste of money. Do you have it? How does he help you?
Well, here you are a colleague seriously mistaken. Without a good VPS server in London, it will be hard for you to count on stable results. Yes, and its cost is low. I use Chocoping. I pay 20 bucks a month. And it pays for itself completely.

mutule

Well, here you are a colleague seriously mistaken. Without a good VPS server in London, it will be hard for you to count on stable results. Yes, and its cost is low. I use Chocoping. I pay 20 bucks a month. And it pays for itself completely.
What is the benefit of the VPS? Why would I pay 20 bucks a month for it? For a year it comes out 240 bucks. I'm not used to throwing money away for nothing. I have somewhere to spend them.

cheatham

What is the benefit of the VPS? Why would I pay 20 bucks a month for it? For a year it comes out 240 bucks. I'm not used to throwing money away for nothing. I have somewhere to spend them.
The VPS server allows you to get a much better price. Otherwise, with a high ping, you will lose 2-5 pips per trade. That is why the cost of a VPS server always pays off. Do you even know what your ping is?

mutule

The VPS server allows you to get a much better price. Otherwise, with a high ping, you will lose 2-5 pips per trade. That is why the cost of a VPS server always pays off. Do you even know what your ping is?
To be honest, no idea at all. And what characteristics of the VPS server are considered optimal for ELM EA?

cheatham

To be honest, no idea at all. And what characteristics of the VPS server are considered optimal for ELM EA?
As for the characteristics of the VPS server, for example, if you plan to work with 2-3 MT5 trading platforms at the same time, each of which has 10-13 currency pairs, then 2 GB of RAM will be enough. The main thing is to monitor the load on the VPS server and the ping value. My ping is within 10 milliseconds. This is considered normal. Well, a lot depends on the broker. Which broker do you prefer to work with?

mutule

As for the characteristics of the VPS server, for example, if you plan to work with 2-3 MT5 trading platforms at the same time, each of which has 10-13 currency pairs, then 2 GB of RAM will be enough. The main thing is to monitor the load on the VPS server and the ping value. My ping is within 10 milliseconds. This is considered normal. Well, a lot depends on the broker. Which broker do you prefer to work with?
I have an account opened in Tikmil. Basically a good broker. There are no special claims to him. There were a couple of times with technical support problems, but as you understand, ideal brokers do not exist. Or do you disagree? Do you have the perfect broker?

cheatham

I have an account opened in Tikmil. Basically a good broker. There are no special claims to him. There were a couple of times with technical support problems, but as you understand, ideal brokers do not exist. Or do you disagree? Do you have the perfect broker?
Of course not, I completely agree with you that ideal brokers, like ideal banks, do not exist. all have their pros and cons. I now have a real account in iC Markets. And I will open in Forex. com. Trading conditions suit me in Icemarkets. But for insurance it is better to have another account. And what about slippage in Tikmil? Not much ruin?

mutule

Of course not, I completely agree with you that ideal brokers, like ideal banks, do not exist. all have their pros and cons. I now have a real account in iC Markets. And I will open in Forex. com. Trading conditions suit me in Icemarkets. But for insurance it is better to have another account. And what about slippage in Tikmil? Not much ruin?
No, everything is fine. If slippage is large, then no bot will help. And so there is a profit, which means that slippage is minimal. It would be better if they didn't exist at all. What mode do you prefer to use in trading?

cheatham

No, everything is fine. If slippage is large, then no bot will help. And so there is a profit, which means that slippage is minimal. It would be better if they didn't exist at all. What mode do you prefer to use in trading?
I prefer hedge mode. As they say, the quieter you go, the further you will be. Until I change it. It seems to me the best. Do you scalp or do you also prefer to hedge risks?